To inspire academic staff to continue embarking on their research path and to motivate the University research plan in conformity with the University’s strategy for 2020 – 2030, Beirut Arab University awards incentives for scientific research annually.
2. Financial Incentives
2.1 Publications in international indexed journals
The journal in which the applicant’s work has been published should have the following criteria:
- The journal should be peer-reviewed and specialized in the applicant’s research domain.
- The journal should have a website that presents its information along with its publication guidelines.
- The journal should be issued regularly.
Journals are classified according to their ranking in each field. BAU grants incentives only to works published in journals of the first two Quartiles (Q1 and Q2). These quartiles are determined according to SCImago, an online bibliometric indicators database. The University awards incentives according to the following criteria (In case of a joint research work, only the main author receives the incentive award):
- Publishing in rank Q1 journals: The researcher is awarded 500$.
- Publishing in rank Q2 journals: The researcher is awarded 400$.
2.2. Publishing in (non-classified) Arabic Journals:
A researcher who publishes in non-classified Arabic journals complying with the rules mentioned in section (2.1) is awarded 350$.
2.3. Publishing books or book chapters:
Beirut Arab University awards incentives to books published with reputable international publishers.
Researchers who publish a book are awarded 500$ as a reward, and 200$ in case of publishing a chapter in a book.
2.4. Acquisition of an external grant:
Researchers are awarded incentives suitable for the acquired grant.