Freshman Program is designed for all students, Lebanese or Non-Lebanese, who hold a high school certificate following a NonLebanese Baccalaureate Program based on 12 years of schooling starting with Grade One.
How to Apply?
To apply for freshman, applicants should submit the following documents:
- High school diploma or Secondary School Certificate based on 12 years of school starting with Elementary 1 class.
- Official school records of Grades 10 and 11.
- Permission issued from the Equivalence Committee of the Lebanese Ministry of Education & Higher Education allowing students to join Freshman class.
- SAT Reasoning Test (SAT I) scores.
- Original Single Civil Status Record (for Lebanese applicants only).
- Photocopy of the identity card or photocopy of the passport (for non-Lebanese applicants only).
- Two recent passport-size photos endorsed by the relevant authorities.
- Non-refundable application fee of L.L. 200,000 (Applications may be downloaded or filled online).
Freshman at BAU consists of 30 credits (2 semesters) and students could apply for Freshman Sciences or Freshman Arts. During the freshman year, they should sit for SAT Subject Tests (SAT II) and pass BAU Admissions Tests of specific majors in order to join the sophomore class.
Required Subjects of SAT II are :
- For Freshman Arts: Mathematics I (obligatory) and any other two subjects.
- For Freshman Sciences: Mathematics II (obligatory) and two other subjects (Biology, Chemistry or Physics).
- New SAT I and SAT II combined score should be at least 2150 for Freshman Arts and 2300 for Freshman Sciences.
- Freshman students who have attained the combined score of SAT I & SAT II and completed 30 credits with a minimum CGPA 2, have to submit the relevant certificates to the Equivalence Committee of the Lebanese Ministry of Education & Higher Education in order to get the equivalence of the Lebanese Secondary School Certificate otherwise they will not be able to join the sophomore class.
Applicants should enter BAU code 7373 when registering for the SAT, and ask the Educational Testing Service to send the scores directly to the Admissions Office.
For further information about the SAT 1 exam, kindly refer to www.collegeboard.org.