The Library’s vision at Beirut Arab University is to enhance and develop library services in line with the University strategy of providing quality education and research, to follow up with technological developments to provide international e-service standards, and to support e-learning to enable libraries to become an educational center for users of the University and its community.
The University library administration constantly endeavors to achieve Beirut Arab University’s vision of supporting education and research by providing various information sources that fulfill the needs of users. In addition, the administration strives to supply information through international collaborative sources and networks. It also takes interest in developing human resources to accomplish anticipated future objectives.
To stay up-to-date with the latest trends, libraries have devised different projects for the future including:
- Applying the concept of open educational resources that support course materials for professors.
- Mobile application for libraries.
- Applying the big data concept.
- Applying cloud-computing concept.
- Applying Bib Frame standards for cataloguing.