Dates and Deadlines
- First Admissions Test
- Test date: Starting Saturday, March 16th, 2019
- Submission of applications: Starting Monday, December 10th, 2018
- Deadline: Wednesday, March 13th, 2019
- Second Admissions Test
- Test date: Starting Monday, July 15th, 2019
- Submission of applications: Starting Monday, May 06th, 2019
- Deadline: Friday, July 12th, 2019
- A Photocopy of the Lebanese Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent (if received) or a certificate of registration in Grade 12.
- Official high school transcripts of Grades 10 and 11 (transcripts should be submitted in a sealed and stamped envelope).
- SAT I scores (if applicable).
- A Photocopy of the Single Civil Status Record (for Lebanese applicants only).
- A Photocopy of the identity card or passport (for non-Lebanese applicants only).
- Two recent passport-size photos endorsed by the relevant authorities.
- Non-refundable application fee of L.L. 200,000 Applications may be downloaded or filled online: www.bau.edu.lb).
- All required documents should be submitted to the admissions office and will become the property of BAU.
- Applicants holding the official Lebanese Secondary School Certificate (General Sciences, Life Sciences and Sociology-Economics) may apply to all majors in the sophomore class.
- The holders of Literature and Humanities certificate may apply to the faculties of Human Sciences, Law & Political Science, Business Administration, Health Sciences and Design Programs at the faculty of Architecture – Design and Built Environment. They are asked to take additional courses if accepted in the faculties of Health Sciences and Business Administration.
- Applicants holding a non-Lebanese Secondary School Certificate (French Baccalaureate, Official Government Secondary School leaving Certificate from Arab countries, full IB diploma, IGCSE/GCE,…) should submit an equivalence for their certificate issued from the Equivalence Committee of the Lebanese Ministry of Education & Higher Education.
To be accepted for an undergraduate degree, applicants should pass the English Entrance Test.
English Language Proficiency
All programs at the University are delivered in English except The Law, Arabic Language & Literature and Psychology programs that are delivered in Arabic Language. Thus, undergraduate applicants should show a level of proficiency in the English language by obtaining a minimum score on any of the tests shown below:
||Minimum required score
|TOEFL (paper and pencil)
|New SAT I (reading & writing section)
|LCCI (for Business applicants only)
||Pass Level 6
|University of Cambridge English Exams
||CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
|CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
|FCE (First Certificate in English)
|BAU English Language Admission Exam
- Applicants should enter BAU code 7373 when registering for the SAT, and B516 when registering for the Toefl IBT, and ask the Educational Testing Service to send the scores directly to the Admissions office.
- All applicants who successfully completed the IGCSE/GCE program are exempted only from these tests of English Language.
- Applicants who did not pass the BAU English Language Admission Exam will be asked to take remedial English courses.
- The number of accepted students depends on the capacity of each program.
- Results of the decisions on first admissions are announced by mid-April, and accepted applicants will be asked to make a commitment to enroll with a non-refundable deposit.
- Applicants can find the guidelines and the samples of entrance exams on our website: www.bau.edu.lb/undergraduate/samples-of-entrance-exams.