BAUHC serves as first point of contact for the community with health professionals. It provides ambulatory medical services in a safe environment. The design of BAUHC ensures quality of care, operational efficiency, and most important, patient satisfaction.
BAUHC accommodates five clinics for different medical and surgical specialties. The physical settings in each clinic promote privacy and confidentiality of the patient, reinforce infection control measures, and ensure a smooth flow of patients and health professionals.
Additional rooms are available for health counseling, immunization, ultrasound imaging, treatment, and minor procedures. An important section of BAUHC is the pharmacy (this service is under development) that guarantees medication dispensing to patients with proper instructions.
Specialized Diagnostic Centers
Specialized Diagnostic Centers are available to serve the community and support the physicians in making the right diagnosis and prescribing appropriate treatment. The centers serve as training centers, to provide the practical sessions required for the students of BAU health related faculties.
Diagnostic Physiology Center
The center, located in Hariri building third floor, gives the opportunity to make all electrophysiological studies including:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) with sleep studies (Polysomnography)
- Electromyography (EMG) and Evoked Potentials (EP)for muscle and nerve electrophysiological studies as well as EMG guided interventions (such as EMG Guided Injection of Botulinum Toxin)
- Pulmonary Function Testing including Spirometry with Bronchospasm Evaluation, Total Lung Capacity (TLC), and Diffusing Capacity of the Lungs for Carbon Monoxide (DLCO)
- Audiology tests including Audiometry, Tympanometry, and Oto-Acoustic Emissions for adults and pediatric patients
- Non-invasive Cardiac Tests including cardiopulmonary stress testing (via treadmill, upper limbs ergometer, and lower limbs ergometer), 24-hour blood pressure and electrocardiogram holter monitoring, and tilt table testing.