Dr. May Saab received her B.S. degree in Pharmacy from Beirut Arab University in 2003 and a Master degree in pharmaceutical technology in 2009. Based on her high academic performance she was granted a Ph.D. degree scholarship from BAU in pharmaceutical technology in 2010. Dr. Saab had previous experience for over 3 years as a medical representative in a very well established pharmaceutical company. She joined the faculty of pharmacy at BAU as part time teaching assistant in 2003, and then promoted to a lecturer in 2009 and an assistant professor in 2016.
She is a member in the academic committee at the Order of Pharmacists of Lebanon since 2016, and a member in the pharmacy colloquium committee at the ministry of education and higher education since 2017. Her research interests cover the field of polymers and modified release drug delivery systems. She has published several research articles in the field of sustained/controlled and gastroretentive drug delivery systems.
polymer based drug delivery systems
- Paper entitled “Design and evaluation of mucoadhesivebuccal patches for local delivery of chlorhexidine digluconate” in “International journal of drug formulation and research”, 2012; volume 3.
- Paper entitled “Intrinsically floating gastroretentive tablets of salbutamol sulphate using different sublimable/release retarding materials: a comparative study” in “International journal of pharmacy and technology”, 2015,7(2): 8094-8109.
- Poster entitled: Formulation and in-vitro release kinetics of gastroretentive floating tablets of fexofenadine hydrochloride, in the 20th Annual LAAS conference (Lebanese Asssiation For The Advancement of science), New Frontiers in sciences, March 27-29, 2014.
- Poster entitled “Formulation and Evaluation of Metronidazole Mucoadhesive Buccal Patches for The Treatment of Periodontal diseases” at the BAU International Pharmacy Conference 2010 (Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Research & Technology)
Educational visits to Mersaco:
- I have organized and supervised educational visits (2 sessions on 23/3 and 27/4 2018) to one of the top warehouses and distribution centers of pharmaceuticals in Lebanon (Mersaco). The visit is a part of educational activities within the course of Pharmacy Practice II for level II students. It aims to inform the students about the different processes encountered in the warehouse and distribution center of pharmaceuticals and to show the students the relevance between academia and practice.
- The students of level II were divided into two groups. Mersaco (Lebanese agent/distributor of pharmaceutical and cosmetics products) hosted the first group on 23/3/2018 while the second group was hosted on 27/4/2018.
- The students had the opportunity to visit two sites, the main warehouse in Mkalles and the distribution center in Chiyah. During the tour, Mr. Fadi Badr the logistics Manager at Mersaco has thoroughly explained the processes from the time of receiving the shipment of pharmaceuticals to the time of its the distribution to community pharmacies and health care institutions.