Previously taught several courses including Basic Nutrition, Human Nutrition, Community Nutrition, Life Cycle Nutrition, Nutrition and non-communicable diseases, Malnutrition and Nutrition Interventions, Research Project and Nutrition Education.
- Community Ntrition (3 Crs.)
- Nutrition education (2 Crs.)
- Nutrition in Life Span (3 Crs.)
- Dietary Analysis Simulation (3Crs.)
- Malnutrition and Nutrition Interventions (3 Crs.)
- Research Project (3 Crs.)
- Human Nutrition and Metabolism (3 Crs.)
- Maternal Child Nutrition ( 3 Crs.)
- Community Nutrition and Interventions ( 3Crs.)
- Nutrition Epidemiology (3Crs.)
Dietary patterns studies, assessment of nutritional status and services, school based nutrition education, Food and Nutrition literacy
- Member of The Lebanese Academy of nutrition and dietetics
- Co-supervised the work of the thesis: Dietary patterns and their association with obesity indices among Lebanese Children 2-5 years old. by Hiba Chatila, 2015, American University of Beirut
1. Preliminary assessment of nitrate and nitrite dietary exposure in Lebanon. Baydoun, S. A, Itani, L., Darwich, T and Atallah, T. Abstract in the 16th International Scientific Conference, Lenbanon, 2009.
2. Dietary patterns and their association with anthropometric and sociodemographic factors in a sample of Lebanese adults. Nasreddine, L, Naja, F, Itani, L, Nabhani-Zeidan, M, Hwalla, N. Presented at the Lebanese Association for the Advancement of Science 16th Conference, LAAS 16 Conference, November 13-15 2009, Beirut, Lebanon
3. Dietary patterns and their determinants in a sample of Lebanese adults. Naja, F, Nasreddine, L, Itani, L, Nabhani-Zeidan, M, Hwalla, N. Abstract presented at the CSCN-CSNS Annual Scientific Meeting, May 29-June 3 2009, Québec city, Canada.
4. Dietary patterns and their association with obesity and sociodemographic factors in a national sample of Lebanese adults. Naja,F. Nasreddine, L. Itani, L. Chamieh, MC. Adra,N. Sibai, A. Hwalla, N. Abstract Presented at 11th international congress on obesity: ICO2010 - Stockholm July 11-15, 2010
5. Nutritional intake and anthropometric characteristics of adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus in Beirut, Lebanon. A case-control study. Naja F, Nasreddine L, Salem M, Itani L, Zeidan M, Azar S, Hwalla N.. Abstract presented at the 8th IEA/EMR's Scientific Meeting on “Globalization and Public Health in the Eastern Mediterranean Region” . November 25-27 2010 in Beirut, Lebanon.
6. Association between dietary patterns and the risk of metabolic syndrome among Lebanese adults. F. Naja, L. Nasreddine, L. Itani, N. Adra, AM. Sibai, N. Hwalla. Abstract presented at the World Diabetes Congress2011, IDF, Dubai WTC. December 4-8 2011. Oral presentation in the session entitled: You are what you eat: Nutrition in diabetes and obesity.
7. The perception of primary science pre-service teachers of life skills based health education and its interrelationship with citizenship. Dr. Hanadi Chatila, Leila Itani. دور كليات التربية في التربية على المواطنة والهوية. Padova Hotel, Sin Elfil, April, 30 2014.
8. A culturally appropriate Lebanese nutrition knowledge, attitude and practices questionnaire. Hanadi Chatila, Leila Itani, Hani Dimassi, Fikrat El Sahn EducA2015 :“Pratique et Fromations Dans Les Education A” conference held at Hammamat Tunisia, May 14-16 2014.