Hala Ragab received her Bachelor degree of Science in Oral and Dental Medicine (BDSc) in 1989 from Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt. She gained a Diploma in Conservative Dentistry in 1992 from the same university. She attended continuing dental education in General Dentistry and Endodontic Continuum in 1997 and 1998 respectively, University of California - Los Angeles – UCLA, USA. She pursued her Master Degree of Science in Restorative Dentistry (Operative Dentistry, Endodontics, and Fixed Prosthodontics, MDSc) in 2002 from Cairo University. She completed her studies in Operative and Esthetic Dentistry and obtained the Doctorate Degree of Science (DDSc) in Operative and Esthetics in 2008 from the same University. She worked as Assistant Lecturer from 2004-2008, Assistant Professor from 2008-2011in the Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry - Misr University for Science and Technology, Cairo, Egypt. Then she moved to Lebanon and worked as as Assistant Professor from 2011-2013 in the Faculty of Dentistry at Beirut Arab University (BAU). In 2013, she got promoted to Associate Professor and in (2018) she promoted as a Professor in her field of specialization. She is the Director of Operative and Esthetic Division since 2012, the Coordinator of Advanced General Dentistry Program since 2013 and the Coordinator of Continuing Education since 2014 in Faculty of Dentistry, BAU. Currently she is a Member of Faculty Council, Advisory Committee, Quality Assurance Unit, Research Committee, Scientific and Ethical Committee, Curriculum Committee, BAU Steering Committee. Dr. Hala Ragab is a member of the International Association of Dental Research (IADR) since 2009, the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) since 2013, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) since 2014.
I started the career of teaching as assistant lecturer and clinical instructor in the Department of Operative Dentistry (2004-2008) at Faculty of Dentistry-Misr University for Science and Technology, Cairo, Egypt. My responsibilities included supervision of both, preclinical and clinical courses. I got promoted as assistant professor in 2008. Since then I started lecturing. I enjoy teaching and strive to make it relevant and understandable. I consider the needs of the student paramount. Because I stay current in the scientific literatures, I incorporate up-to-date evidence based concepts and principles in all operative and esthetics curriculum. I was assigned as course director of the preclinical course (302) of 3rd year students and the clinical course (502) of senior students. In 2012, I moved to Beirut, Lebanon. I teach the clinical courses of 3rd, 4th and 5th year students. I also teach postgraduate courses, Masters and PhD. Since 2012 until the current date I am the division director of operative and esthetics at the Faculty of Dentistry, Beirut Arab University. My responsibilities extended to include several administrative tasks including complete curriculum reform on the undergraduate and postgraduate level. The up-to-date curriculum of operative and esthetics was commended by the Association of Dental Education in Europe (ADEE). Other responsibilities and contributions include the following:
Set policies and guidelines for the division and advanced general dentistry program (AGDP)
Continuous curriculum enhancement of Operative and Esthetics
Contribution in program development and self-assessment report
Coordination of continuing education courses
Research and scholarly activities including MS and PhD theses supervision, contributionin national and international conferences
Student advising and counselling
Supervision of clinics and labs
Quality Assurance work
1. Cariology: early caries detection, caries prevention, caries risk assessment, fluoride and remineralization, chemotherapeutic agents, root caries detection and management.
2. Biomaterials: bioactive materials, bonding and adhesion of esthetic restorations; direct and indirect partial coverage restorations (veneers, inlay, onlay, bonded bridges).
3. Clinical research: minimal invasive restorations, biomimetic approach, complex esthetic restorations targeting high risk groups and elderly patients.
• The Effectiveness of a Nano-Hydroxyapatite Paste and a Tri-Calcium Phosphate Fluoride Varnish in White Spot Lesions Remineralization (Randomized Clinical Trial). Egyptian Dental Journal 2018 July 64(3): accepted for publication.
• Influence of Etching Aggressiveness of Universal Adhesives on Longevity of Resin- Dentin bonding using Self-Etch Mode. Hala Ragab, Yassir Zyara, Essam Osman. Egyptian Dental Journal, April 64(2), 2018.
• Ultrastructural Analysis and Long-term Evaluation of Composite-Zirconia Bond Strength. Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, Jan 1;20(1), 2018.
• Postoperative Sensitivity and Clinical Evaluation of Posterior Composite Restorations in Medium and Deep Cavities Placed Using Two Insertion Techniques (Two-Years-Randomized Clinical Study). Egyptian Dental Journal, January 64(1), 2018.
• Clinical Efficiency of Polymer Burs in Caries Removal in Primary Molars and Relevant Pain Perception: A Randomized Controlled Trial. International Arab Journal of dentistry, vol. 1(9):9-14, 2018
• Clinical and radiographic evaluation of glass ionomer compared to resin composite in restoring primary molars: A 1-year prospective randomized study. Journal of Pediatric Dentistry, 5(1): 2017.
• Effect of Postoperative Bleaching on Clinical Performance of Three Contemporary Composite Resins. Open Access Journal of Dental Sciences, 1 (3), 2016.
• Color stability of glazed, adjusted, polished ceramic and a hybrid composite immersed in different solutions. Egyptian dental journal, 62: 3221:3228, 2016.
• Relationship between caries experience and mothers’ dental care knowledge and attitude among Palestinian refugees in Lebanon. International Arab Journal of dentistry, 6 (3): 120-125, 2015.
• Evaluation effect of an in-office zoom bleaching gel agent on the surface texture of three contemporary restorative materials. Tanta Dental Journal, 12(3), 168-177, 2015.
• Influence of Bulk-fill & Cavity-depth on Occurrence of Postoperative Sensitivity. International association of dental research (IADR) Conference paper,2015.
• Influence of Preparation Design and Presence of Class IV Composite Resin Restoration on Fracture Resistance of Ceramic laminate Veneer. Medical Journal of Babylon Vol. 12 (4):1198 - 1208 , 2015
• Evaluation of Curing Depth of Bulk Fill Composite (Comparative Study). Medical Journal of Babylon. Vol 12, No 1, 2015
• Evaluation of the Effect of In-Office Bleaching on Color Changes on Restorative Composite. International Journal of Science and Research Vol 3 (1), January 2014
• Effect of Aggressive Beverage on Color Stability of Different Nano-Hybrid Resin Based Composite. European Journal of General Dentistry, Vol 3, No 3, 2014
• Effect of Aqueous Suspensions of Titanium Dioxide in Photoreactor with the Radiation Source on Colour Changes of Three Contemporary Composite Resins. Asian Journal of Chemistry, Vol 26, No 14 , 2014
• Influence of Ceramic Color and Translucency on Shade Match of CAD/Cam Porcelain Veneers. European Journal of Esthetic Dentistry, Vol 9, No 1, 2014
• Influence of Separation Ring and Curing Light Intensity on Proximal Contact Tightness of Two-Resin Composite. Egyptian Dental Journal, Vol 60, No 1, 2014
• Evaluation the Effect of in-office Bleaching on Color Changes on Restorative Composite Resins.International Journal of Science and Research Vol 3, No 1, 2013
• Effect of Different Bleaching Materials on Color of Stained Resin Composite by Photocatalytic Treatment. Journal of Applicable Chemistry, Vol 2, No 12, 2013
• Shear Bond Strength of Silorane-based Composite. Egyptian Dental Journal, Vol 59, No 4, 2013
• Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Clinical Performance of a Hybrid lonomer to a Hybrid Resin in Primary Molars. Egyptian Dental Journal, 2013
• Effect of Different Polishing Procedures on Contemporary Composite Resin Restoration. Egyptian Dental Journal, Vol 59, No 4, 2013
• Influence of Storage Media and Power Tooth Brushing on Contemporary Restoratives Surface Toughness. Egyptian Dental Journal, Vol 59, No 4, 2013
• Effect of Non- Fluoride and Fluoride-Containing Bleaching Agent on Surface Topography of Enamel. Cairo Dental Journal, 2012
• Repair of Silorane-Based Composite Restoration Using Different Procedures. Egyptian Dental Journal, Vol 57, No 2, 2011
• Influence of Resin-Tags on Shear-Bond Strength of Butanol-Based Adhesives. Life Science Journal, Vol 7, Issue 4, 2010