Before joining the full time academic staff at BAU, Hiba Mohsen was an assistant teacher at BAU supporting in the Architectural and Urban Design studios. Since 2014, she has taught different courses at the faculty of Architectural Engineering: Environmental Design, Environmental Impact Assessment, Urban Design, Architectural Design I, Building Construction, Landscape Architecture, Architecture and Environment.
Fall 2019 -20 courses
- ARCH291. ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN I
- ARCH293. BUILDING CONSTRUCTION III
- ARCH 435. URBAN DESIGN
Spring 2019-20 courses
- ARCH339. ENVIRONNEMENTAL DESIGN
- ARCH 292. ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN II
- ARCH 294.BUILDING CONSTRUCTION IV
- ARCH 632. ADVANCED DESIGN STUDIO II
*Her research interests focus on environmental design and the impact of built environmental on the microclimate. She is responsible for the development of the Environmental Laboratory in the faculty including simulation and monitoring tools for Buildings and Indoor Environment. She is also interested in the latest program for urban modelling.
*Participated as a main author to the 10th World Congress on Engineering Education - Beirut, 29-30 October 2015. The paper is entitled:
Achieving Sustainable Adaptive Reuse In Architectural Design Studio Using Environmental Simulation
*Participated in the RAE2016 that was held at the faculty of Architectural Engineering by co-authoring a paper entitled:
Re-thinking Bloom's Taxonomy By Integrating Digital Simulation In Pragmatic Architectural Education
* Representing BAU as a TC 205 member at The Lebanese Standards Institution (LIBNOR) and participating in preparing the Lebanese Green Building Standard as a Member of the technical Committee representing BAU at LIBNOR
* 1997-2001 Five years Scholarship awarded for distinction, granted by BAU (Ranked first for five consecutive years)
*2001 Gamal Abdel Nasser award for academic distinction
*2001 Mohammed Ghanem El Chamaa award (The highest grade on the graduation project)
*2012 Awarded for the best scientific research for postgraduate studies at BAU research day
* 2018 -2019 CNRS-L GRP Grant Research Programme (GRP): Title: Correlating Walkability And Urban Morphology On Woman’s Health Using Spatial Statistical Analysis: A Comparative Study of Two Neighborhoods in Beirut. Awarded 12,500,000 LBP.