Strategic Goals of Quality Assurance
The main purpose is the improvement of academic activities, institutional performance, compliance and accountability to the requests of National Qualification Framework (NQF), stakeholders, and standards of international accreditation agencies.
The Centre drives internal quality assurance as follows:
- Maintaining and improving standards of teaching and learning, student learning experience, research, and community services.
- Monitoring and evaluating instruments and activities aiming at improvement at the University level.
- Providing Faculties with guidance and assistance in the process of implementing and achieving their own quality assurance works concerning teaching & learning, physical resources and services, and programme international accreditation.
- Receiving, processing and responding to the reviews and feedback coming from internal and external stakeholders and “Faculties’ Advisory Committees”.
The Centre focuses on the enhancement of quality through several areas as follows:
- Curricula and programmes enhancement by using feedbacks coming from Stakeholders, Alumni and “Advisory Committees”.
- Students’ competencies and outcomes enhancement for successful learning, living and working. Students must be equipped with confidence enabling them face challenges in the labor market and in professional careers.
- Enhancement of the existing quality assurance system through structuring strengths, weaknesses and prospects to meet international standards of quality assurance in higher education.
- Enhancement of quality management by issuing reports concluding significant risk and control issues, and including other matters that require the attention of senior management and decision-makers.