Assessment

IPE is delivered in 14 weeks and students are divided into 2 groups of students: each group attends every other week, starting from week number 5, according to the course outline presented below.

Groups

  1. GA (Simulation-based IPE): GA1 (Team 1 - 9) - GA2 ( Team 10 – 18)
  2. GB (Roundtable Case-based IPE): GB1 (Team 19 - 27) - GB2 ( Team 28 – 36)

Exposure Phase

  • Week 1

    The Annual Report highlights BAU’s achievements for the preceding year.

  • Week 2

    Role and Responsibilities - Ethics & Patient-centred Care.

  • Week 3

    Team Building – Teamwork- Conflict Management.

  • Week 4

    Shared Leadership – Decision making – Survey.

Immersion Phase

Including Team Performance (TOSCE*) + Case Management Checklist

  • Week 5

    Team 01-09: Simulation-based IPE 1

    Team 19-27: Case-Based Learning 1

  • Week 6

    Team 10-18: Simulation-based IPE 1

    Team 28-36: Case-Based Learning 1

  • Week 7

    Team 01-09: Simulation-based IPE 2

    Team 19-27: Case-Based Learning 2

  • Week 8

    Team 10-18: Simulation-based IPE 2

    Team 28-36: Case-Based Learning 2

  • Week 9

    Team 01-09: Simulation-based IPE 3

    Team 19-27: Case-Based Learning 3

  • Week 10

    Team 10-18: Simulation-based IPE 3

    Team 28-36: Case-Based Learning 3

  • Week 11

    Team 19-27: Simulation-based IPE 1

    Team 01-09: Case-Based Learning 1

  • Week 12

    Team 28-36: Simulation-based IPE 1

    Team 10-18: Case-Based Learning 1

  • Week 13

    Team 19-27: Simulation-based IPE 2

    Team 01-09: Case-Based Learning 2

  • Week 14

    Team 28-36: Simulation-based IPE 2

    Team 10-18: Case-Based Learning 2

Closure Session (Discussion, Survey & Program Evaluation)

Student Assessment Methods, Schedule and Grading

Student’s Reflection

10%

Team-based Multiple Choices Questions (MCQ)

20%

Case-based Learning (Case Management: 15%; IPE competencies (TOSCE*): 20%; Total: 35%)

35%

Simulation-based Learning (Case Management: 15%; IPE competencies (TOSCE*): 20%; Total: 35%)

35%

Total

100%
* TOSCE: Team Observed Structured Clinical Encounter