A student may transfer to one of the University's faculties from an equivalent faculty. The Faculty Council decides which courses the student could be exempted from in coordination with the Department of Student Affairs, according to the following conditions:
- The student has already successfully passed two academic semesters at least (for the Scientific Faculties). Otherwise, the transferring student has to pass the required admission exams and join BAU as a first year student. Credits taken before can be transferred after admission has been decided.
- The student has the right to enroll in the faculty.
- The student has passed the TOEFL(paper and pencil) Exam with a minimum score of 520, TOEFL (internet-based) Exam with a minimum score of 68, TOEFL (computer-based) Exam with a minimum score of 180, IELTS with a minimum score of 5.5, Old SAT I with a minimum score of 380 on the writing section or New SAT I with a minimum score of 400 on the reading & writing section, or the BAU English Language Entrance Exam with a grade not less than 60%, except for the Faculty of Human Sciences and the Faculty of Law and Political Science.
- The student meets the requirements set by the faculty (if any).
Based on the recommendations of the Department and the Faculty Councils, in coordination with the Student Affairs Department, and upon the University Council’s approval, the student is exempted from any courses previously taken in another university or faculty provided that:
- The transferred courses are comparable in scientific content and in the number of credits to the BAU courses which are required to attain the desired degree.
- The student has already passed these courses with a GPA not less than C or its equivalent percentage in the yearly system.
- General knowledge courses can be transferred from other universities, without being compared with equivalent BAU University Elective courses, as long as their credit count does not exceed 50% of the required BAU University Elective credits.
- Whether completed at BAU or at any other university, the course(s) completion date(s) must not exceed 5 years, otherwise: interview.
- The total transferred credit hours should not exceed 50% of the total number of credit hours required to obtain the relevant major degree.