Helga is an assistant professor at the Psychology Department, Faculty of Human Sciences, Beirut Arab University. She graduated with a Bachelor in Psychology, Faculty of Arts, Beirut Arab University in 2002, followed by a Diploma in General Arts in 2003. She earned her MA in Psychology in 2008. She obtained a Diploma in Woman Studies in 2012.She attained her PhD degree in 2016 for a thesis entitled “Hardiness and its relation with Distress Tolerance and the Basic Personality Dimensions in a sample of Lebanese Adolescents”.
From September 2009 – 2015: School Counselor – Houssam Eddine Hariri High School - Saida, Lebanon.
From February 2011 – 2016: Teaching Assistant, Department of Psychology – Beirut Arab University.
From February 2017– Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology – Beirut Arab University.
1. Psychosomatic Disorders among a Sample of Lebanese University Students.
2. Hardiness and its Relation with Distress Tolerance and the Basic Personality Dimensions in a Sample of Lebanese Adolescents.
3. Development of Hardiness Questionnaire – A Psychometric Study on High School students in Lebanon. BAU Journal: Health & Well-Being. Issue no.1, Volume 1, 2018.
4. Quality of life and Well-being among Palestinians and Syrians refugees in Lebanon. The first International conference on Urban Health & Well being, 23-25 October 2018 , held at Beirut Arab University, Lebanon.
5. Anxiety Disorders among Lebanese University Students. (In progress), with Mayssah El Nayal.
JAMAL ABDEL NASSER AWARD for Academic Excellence.