Several research topics currently being tackled by researchers in the faculty of engineering fall under this theme. Some specific topics are listed here below.
- Nonintrusive Electric Load Disaggregation from Single-Point Measurements
- Power Maximizing of PV Panels and Leakage Current Solution for PV Systems
- Engineering performance of construction/structural materials incorporating innovative products
- Transient flow through combined pressurized and open channel system, (Case study: 800 conveyors in Lebanon)
- Use of renewable fuel in internal combustion engines.
- Thermal comfort, indoor air quality, energy efficiency in buildings
- Design and construction of aerodynamic wind tunnel
- Oil spill pollution skimmer
Researchers in the Faculty of Engineering show their interest in these topics by conducting research and reporting the outcomes in prestigious international and national journals, magazines, symposia, conferences and meetings. More than 9 publications were reported during the last two years.
One main research direction is the production of renewable fuel for Diesel engine. The Faculty of Engineering has been a powerhouse of energy systems development, and will bring major technological expertise to the table through different collaborations with universities, organizations and companies. For instance, working together with other faculties would help finding new energy solutions.