With the aim to enhance the awareness of general public about healthy eating behaviors and physical activity in the prevention and management of a number of non communicable diseases. The health awareness program “Steps to a Healthier You” was developed by RCED in collaboration with the Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Health Sciences. The program encompasses 3 components:
- Raise awareness for the Nutritional Guidelines and healthy eating behaviour.
- Promote physical Activity as essential component of healthy lifestyle.
- Provide practical approaches for body weight assessment and its health implications.
- Provide guidelines foe the management of non-communicable diseases.
- Offer Open Medical Clinics and First Aid training for impoverished communities in Bekaa Region.