- Photocopy of the Lebanese Secondary School Certificate (or its equivalent) or a certificate of registration in Grade 12.
- Official school records of Grades 10 and 11.
- Photocopy of the Single Civil Status Record (for Lebanese applicants only).
- Photocopy of the identity card or photocopy of the passport (for non-Lebanese applicants only).
- Two recent passport-size photos endorsed by the relevant authorities.
- Non-refundable application fee of L.L. 200,000 (Applications may be downloaded from the website www.bau.edu.lb. Applicants should fill the application and submit it at the admissions office).
- Applicants holding the official Lebanese Secondary School Certificate (General Science, Life Science and Sociology-Economics section) may apply to the Faculty of Medicine in the sophomore class.
- The holders of Sociology and Economics certificate are asked to take additional courses if accepted in the Faculty of Medicine.
- Applicants holding a non-Lebanese Secondary School Certificate should submit an equivalence for their certificate issued from the Equivalence Committee in the Lebanese Ministry of Education & Higher Education.
To be accepted for an undergraduate degree, applicants should pass the following relevant Entrance Exams:
- Aptitude Test(Thinking Skills, Scientific Knowledge: Chemistry, Biology, Physics)
English Language Proficiency
All programs and examinations are set in English. Thus, undergraduate applicants should show a level of proficiency in the English language by obtaining a minimum score on any of the tests shown below:
||Minimum required score
|TOEFL (paper and pencil)
|New SAT I (reading & writing section)
|University of Cambridge English Exams
||CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
|CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
|FCE (First Certificate in English)
|BAU English Language Admission Exam
- Applicants should enter BAU code 7373 when registering for the SAT, and B516 when registering for the Toefl IBT, and ask the Educational Testing Service to send the scores directly to the Office of Admissions.
- All applicants who successfully completed the IGCSE program are exempted only from these tests of English Language.
- Applicants who did not pass the BAU English Language Admission Exam will be asked to take remedial English courses.
- Results of the decisions on first admission are announced by mid-April , and accepted applicants will be asked to make a commitment to enroll with a non-refundable deposit.
- Applicants who did not pass the first entrance exam may have the chance to apply for the second entrance exam in July.
- Applicants can find the guidelines and the samples of entrance exams on our website: www.bau.edu.lb/undergraduate/samples-of-entrance-exams.