Applying to BAU
To apply for a PhD degree, please obtain an application and submit it together with all required documents to the Graduate Department Office in Beirut Site or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Admission Form (application)
- Master’s degree with minimum CGPA 3.00 or minimum percentage grading system of 80%.
- English language proficiency: English is the language of instruction. Hence, applicants must provide evidence of their English language proficiency when applying to programs in one of the following ways:
||Minimum required score
|BAU's English Language Proficiency Exam
|TOEFL (paper and pencil)
Students who score between 50 and 59% in BAU’s English Language Proficiency Exam might be accepted for enrolment, but they will have to take Intensive English courses.
- Specialized Admission Exam and Interview:
- Applicants to some Programs are required to attend an interview before the final decision of acceptance.
- Applicants who’re graduated for 5 years or more are eligible for interview or a specialized exam to assess the level of their scientific information and familiarity with advanced information in their specialization.
- An endorsed photocopy of the Individual Civil Status Record for Lebanese applicants and passport copy endorsed by an official entity for Non-Lebanese.
- Two recent photos endorsed by an official entity.
- An endorsed photocopy of the Official Lebanese Secondary Certificate or its equivalent
- An endorsed photocopy of the Bachelor Degree along with a transcript of the courses studied and grades attained.
- An endorsed photocopy of the Master Degree, along with a transcript of the courses studied and the grades attained.
- An Equivalence of the Bachelor and Master’s Degree from the Ministry of higher education in Lebanon is a must before submitting the application.
- Three recommendation letters (Graduate Recommendation Form)
- A copy of the Master's thesis.
- Applicants must provide Work Permit and Membership in their order.
Semester Duration and Admission Dates
For all dates, use the following link to access the calendar: Graduate Academic Calendar.
- Fall Semester: Spans 14 week and starts in September: Students are required to submit their application between 1 April and 31 July.
- Spring Semester: Spans 14 week and starts in February. Students are required to submit their application between 1 December and 31 December.
Students are to check the Graduate Studies office within a month from the date of their application of the decision. The final acceptance in a program is based on the applicant's qualification, class capacity and the recommendation of the faculty council.